Family Planning Tasmania is for every body.
It is important to us that people with all abilities find our website and information easy to find and understand.
To ensure this website is accessible, the site has:
- contrasting colours,
- a simple and accessible font at 14 point,
- a structure designed with coding standards and the user journey in mind, and
- ALT descriptors for images.
- our site content follows plain English principles, and
- the navigation menu is fully responsive.
We used WordPress, which actively supports developers working towards Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Compliance.
The template we’ve chosen is also recognised as one of the most accessible templates on the market currently.
We have also added the Userway accessibility widget to the site, to give options for text to voice, increased font size, higher contrast, and other accessibility options.
If you find our site hard to navigate or access in any way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Web accessibility’ and we will refer to our designers for potential improvements.