FPT provides State wide high quality holistic sexual and reproductive health care for all Tasmanians.
The medical practitioners and registered nursing staff working with FPT provid e for their clients:
- Expertise in sexual and reproductive health care.
- Nurse Pap smear providers.
- Referral to specialist services.
- Clinical services for people who choose not to access other health care providers for their sexual and reproductive health needs.
- Inclusive, non-judgemental, confidential and holistic care.
- Clinical training in sexual and reproductive health for doctors, nurses and other health care professionals.
*A small annual clinic membership fee applies, $25 full membership, $10 concession holders and $5 for student card holders.
Family Planning Clinics provide:
- Hormonal methods including pills, implants, injections.
- Emergency contraception.
- IUD counselling and insertion.
- Diaphragm fitting.
- Education and advise re contraceptive methods.
Screening and preventive health care:
- Pap smears
- Breast checks
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy counselling
- Pre-pregnancy planning
- Subfertility assessment and information
- STI testing, treatment and information
- HIV testing with pre/post test counselling
- Menopause assessment and information
- HPV vaccinations