School and Youth Programs
Family Planning Tasmania (FPT) provides best practice Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE) to Tasmanian students from K – 12, including alternative education and post-compulsory education. All programs are developed to suit clients, include content as directed and can complement the scope, sequence and learning outcomes of the National Australian HPE Curriculum where applicable.
For more information see our list of frequently run programs below or contact our education team for specifics or bookings: email@example.com Fees apply.
The Growing Up Program is an age appropriate sexuality education program for students from K- 6 which focuses upon:
- staying physically, emotionally and mentally healthy throughout life
- protective behaviours, peer pressure and self-esteem
- creating and maintaining healthy and meaningful relationships.
The Growing Up Program includes a session for parents to address the content of the program and the ways in which parents can support their child’s learning.
FPT’s Relationships And Sexual Health (RASH) decisions program is a tailored program for grades 7 – 12, which will complement your schools existing RSE curriculum. FPT can provide up-to-date information and cover difficult to teach topics. Topics include:
- human development
- sexual health
- communication and negotiation
- values, attitudes and the law
- sexual rights and responsibilities
- sexuality, relationships, pornography, ‘safe sexting’ and technology.
FPT educators are trained to deliver Sex & Ethics: the sexual ethics education program for young people. Developed by Dr Moira Carmody, this evaluated program aims to increase young people’s skills and knowledge and reduce unwanted, coerced or pressured sex (year 9+). For more information visit www.sexandethics.net
- 9am-5pm Mon-Fri6273 9117
- 9am-5pm Mon-Fri6343 4566
- 9am-5pm Mon, Wed, Thurs6431 7692